The American University of Madaba’s Official Logo has important connotations and meaning in its details:
- The American University of Madaba:The name indicates that it is a university registered in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and in the state of New Hampshire in the United States of America.
- The Background Mosaic: Symbolizes the city of Madaba, a Biblical city known as the City of Mosaics. Dating back to the 6th century AD, the background is a section of the Holy City of Jerusalem from the mosaic floor of St. George's Greek Orthodox Church in Madaba.
- The Two Hands: Represents the white hands of the people who have contributed to the construction of the university.
- The light Coming out of the White Hands: Signifies the light of Christ that lights the way for us.
- Sapientia et Scientia (Knowledge and Wisdom): Written in Latin, this is a quote from the Book of Wisdom, one of the books of the Bible, since this university is owned by the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem,which encapsulates the University's creed and identity.
- Develop Capabilities and Talents: Embodies the university’s mission and goals.
- Not-For-Profit-University: The AUM Status.