Student will become more knowledgeable about how the world works.
Students gain a first-hand appreciation of the work of scientists and the value of their discoveries.
- The report written by the student will most likely to the longest paper the student have ever written.
- The bibliography for the report will also be the first ever for some students.
- Students will learn the ins and outs of common office programs.
- Students get an opportunity to enhance their presentation skills.
- Students learn to plan over two or three months.
- Students will learn more about communication skills.
- It provides an opportunity for the discussion of ethical issues, such as plagiarism and falsification of data.