View the embedded image gallery online at:
This department aims to promote sport activities on campus with an attempt to contribute to the upbringing of young people, following the proverb “a sound mind in a sound body”, to make them aware of the importance of fair play, self-improvement and sport achievements. The department aims to have a sophisticated quality of participation in sport competitions, and to give the opportunity for talented students to obtain a high quality education and training by providing all facilities and possibilities. These are put at the disposal of students at all times.
The Department of Sports and Physical Activities is primarily concerned with the well-being of students, physically and mentally, by graduating health and sport conscious students, provided with physical education appropriate for them. This will help them to gain the motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities and to acquire physical knowledge and self-motives for a healthy lifestyle in a rapidly changing society. The department aims to educate, develop and train student–athletes, build leadership qualities and attributes of teamwork, and instill the concept of winning inside and outside the field of play.
The goals of this department include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To encourage students to spend their free time in doing simple physical and mental activities by coordinating with the student affairs to send emails and putting up posters in the university about the department and its facilities.
- To provide specialized training programs like swimming programs and strengthening programs for students under the supervision of certified professional athlete trainers that hold a master and bachelor’s degree.
- To welcome students who wish to use the facilities at the sports complex in their free time.
- To form sport teams.
- To activate the relationship between the university and the local community.
- To coordinate with the designated Faculty regarding the syllabi of Sports 1, 2, and 3 courses offered as university requirements.
- To raise awareness of sports culture among students by giving health and sport culture awareness classes within the Sport 1, 2 and 3 courses.
- To care for and attend to talented students’ needs and work to improve their technical and skill levels.
Services provided to students and administrators:
- The Department of Sports and Physical Activities provides the following services:
- Providing a learning environment for Sports 1, 2, and 3 courses
- Supervising students who come to the sports complex for exercise through giving them training programs for both groups of students and individuals
- Training sport teams, basketball and football by AUM coaches (Those teams are selected by our coaches in trial sessions.)
- Offering special training programs to meet the individual needs of the athlete and take into consideration many factors: gender, age… as a program for general fitness for groups or individuals, and courses in the coming future about nutrition and swimming for administrators, including the use of the Sport Complex facilities
- Physical therapy and sport rehabilitation services to our students as needed.